WHAT I'VE BEEN WATCHING ON NETFLIX....

/
0 Comments
Hey guys, 

I hope you are all okay. So I am aware I have been pretty absent on my blog this year but the uni work load has been pretty hectic to be honest, as well as having a job and keeping up to date with my YouTube channel. Because of this I'm transitioning my blog to have a lifestyle focus opposed to mainly fashion. I feel like this will give me a better chance to post more frequently as I consider my lifestyle posts to be more relaxed whereas I take my fashion posts a bit more seriously. Never the less I still of course will be posting fashion on here.

Now my rambley intro is out of the way lets get into the actual post. So I thought for today I would do something a bit different. I've never really done a post like this before but I've seen other peoples and I love them, I think its such a great idea to find out new things to watch and its also interesting to hear other peoples opinions on certain shows.


So if you hadn't already worked out todays post is about what I've been watching on Netflix. I am one of those people who was just a bit late on the Netflix bandwagon and have only had it this year whilst being at uni so I feel like I was pretty behind on everything people used to reference haha. 

Anyway with the course I do (if you didn't already know I do Fashion Design) I have a lot of opportunity  to watch Netflix. I think most of you know thats not because I don't have much work but actually because the type of work I do its great to just stick a Netflix TV series on whilst designing and doing my work. 

So when people normally do this post they kind of just tell you what they have been watching recently but I thought why not just tell you everything I've watched series wise so far and just give you my opinion on them all.

Now before we begin I am the type of person who likes to watch a full series through. I won't watch anything else until I am done with it and I don't tend to give up on a series even if its not my absolute favourite.

I also just wanted to say that I do think watching too much Netflix or similar related channels can have an effect on your mental health so I wanted to make sure I put this In as a little disclaimer. I am not saying it always can have this affect but I think its something to be cautious of. There are a lot of hard hitting topics covered in some Netflix shows and if you are the type of person who is easily effected by that kind of thing I would recommend to make sure you only watch in moderation. It can also be super easy to seclude yourself from everything around you once you are gripped to a series.

However that being said I do think Netflix has some amazing shows on it and things which just are not covered on our TV screens anymore. Don't get me wrong I can be held guilty for watching the reality shows now and then and I do have a Hay U subscription too for Keeping Up With The Kardashains. However the Netflix dramas are not ones to be missed.

So here we go in no particular order,  I hope its not too boring haha....

The key review words are in this colour incase you don't want to read the full review. (Below is a key explaining what each of these review words mean.)

"A FAV OF MINE"

One of my favourite shows on Netflix. Would definitely rewatch and recommend.


"MY KIND OF THING"

I personally love it. I don't thin k its probably everyones cup of tea and the best thing I have ever seen but I think its great.


"THOUGHT PROVOKING/INTERESTING"

One of those programmes that makes you think about the bigger issues and really interesting to watch.


"DECENT"

Its a good programme. I enjoyed watching it but I would not rave about it.


"GRIPPING"

Not necessarily my favourite show personally, however it is very good and definitely gripping. I probably found it jumpy in some parts.



"AN EASY WATCH"

This obviously means its something that is easy to watch. I don't dislike it at all but definitely not one of my favourites.



1. Gilmore Girls

"A FAV OF MINE"


This is easily one of my favourite series on Netflix that I have watched so far. Its a feel good tv series with romantic links throughout. I loved this because its a super easy watch so its great for having on in the background when I'm doing work or to watch before I go to bed. It follows the relationship between a mother and daughter and their lives and being brought out initially in the early 2000s it has a very nostalgic feel to it when you watch it. It also took my ages to watch the whole series so if your looking for something long term then this is a great one. 

2. Orange Is The New Black

"A FAV OF MINE"


This is definitely also a strong favourite of mine too. It follows the story of character Piper Chapman who lives an ordinary life until she is sentenced to time in prison. This is amongst Netflix's most popular Comedy Dramas. With a strong female cast you learn about the inmates backgrounds, where they came from and how they got to where they are. You follow the relationships they form in prison and all the drama that comes with it. With a whole six series this is also a long one but definitely worth the watch. As the series go on you feel yourself becoming attached to certain characters. I've watched this twice now I'd say the first time I watched it I was so griped so its not really a background watch as such but the second time round rewatching it I loved to just have it on in the background whilst doing my work.

3. Dear White People

"THOUGHT PROVOKING/INTERESTING"


Dear white people is about students who attend a top university to discover there are many more racial issues happening around them than people may think. It is a witty programme which covers some serious issues and displays different characters views. The main character hosts a radio show called 'Dear White People' to demonstrate her ideas about the racial issues happening around her and you follow how this affects life at the University. With only two series you could easily give this a watch. I also think it is important to watch things about peoples opinions we may not have thought about and to open our eyes up to the reality of what is happening around us. 

4. She's Gotta Have It

"DECENT"



This is about an artist named Nola Darling who goes through a journey of learning about herself whilst keeping up with three very different romances. She starts off so sure of herself but her journey makes her realise otherwise. It is an easy watch and doesn't take that long to get though so if your looking for a background watch for the whole day this could be a good one for you. 

5. Girls Incarcerated 

"THOUGHT PROVOKING/INTERESTING"


This is a little bit different. Girls Incarcerated is set up in more of a documentary format. It follows girls in America who are in a maximum security facility. You get to know the individuals offences and how they react in Madison (the facility they are in). You see how they deal with certain situations and relationships they form. I found this a really interesting watch. I love things like this and even though there is only one season a lot of the girls who are out now out have their own YouTube channels which I like to watch too so you can see where they are now. As its only one season too this definitely  won't take you long to get through.

6. Easy

"DECENT"



This follows different peoples very different relationships and their lives. Most of the episodes are focused around one individual couples life and as the series goes on you start to see these couples intertwine into each others lives. I enjoyed watching this and I think its cleverly put together to give different perspectives of relationships in the modern world. Its easy to watch and only has a couple of series so if your looking for something short to watch this is a great one for the evenings. 

7.Gossip Girl

"A FAV OF MINE"



Definitely a favourite of mine on Netflix. It took me a while to get through with six whole seasons. It's a drama which follows super rich kids through Manhattan who at first seem to get just what they want. However with Gossip Girl following their every move little is a secret about them. If you want to see the glamour of what its like in their high privileged lives and you love a drama this is a great one for you.

8. Free Rein

"DECENT"


This is one of my guilty pleasures. Im pretty sure its probably aimed at people younger than me and it does have a slight Disney Channel vibe to it. But I secretly love it. Don't get me wrong its not the best thing you will ever watch but its an easy to watch story following Zoe who's an American girl visiting her Grandad in England and ends up falling in love with going to the stables and you follow all the drama that comes with it. With only two seasons its not a long watch but they are brining out new episodes and I will most probably give them a watch.

9. Riverdale

"GRIPPING"



Riverdale was one of those shows that I always heard everyone on twitter talking about. I think its a good series but I guess I was slightly disappointed just because I think it was overhyped. The first season and the second season I personally found very different to each other. The first season was more of a drama whereas even though season two was obviously still a drama I found it much more jumpy. Now I'm not saying it was scary but I was personally at the edge of my seat watching parts of it. Even though I don't think it was the best thing ever I was definitely gripped to it and couldn't wait to see what happened next. The show is about a group of school kids who investigate deaths which are happening in what they thought was their very ordinary and safe town. I would also definitely give the next season a watch when it comes out.

10.Black Mirror

"GRIPPING"



  This one is a bit different to some of the others I have previously mentioned. The series explores a future full of technology and different twisted scenarios of what it would be like if we lived in these times. There are completely different scenarios throughout black mirror. Now I am easily scared and despite this not being exactly scary I can find some of the episodes jumpy and just generally so strange that I don't like watching them by myself. So just a warning for those of you who are like me. There are four seasons of black mirror. I haven't watched them all yet. If you were also wondering it comes under the Sci-Fi and fantasy tv drama category.

11. Don't Trust the B**** in Apartment 23

"MY KIND OF THING"


Despite not having watched this for a while now. I loved this and would recommend, its just my kind of thing. Okay its probably not for everyone. Its a tv comedy series about a girl called June who moves to New York and has a nightmare roommate Chloe. But June tries her best to turn the tables around. Its an easy watch and only has two seasons so if you like that kind of thing its deffo worth giving it a try!

12.Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

"AN EASY WATCH"


Believe it or not this is the first ever thing I watched on Netflix. Now I must say its not my absolute favourite thing but nevertheless I did actually watch the whole thing. It is a comedy series about a women who was kidnapped when she was younger and lived a cult lifestyle. The story follows her life after she was rescued and her trying to navigate our modern world. Despite it not being my favourite it is an easy watch and its decent. With four seasons it should last you a while.

13. Girl Boss

"MY KIND OF THING"


Girl boss is a comedy about a girl who is rebellious and is pretty much broke. We follow the story of her launching her online Fashion brand and watch her become a boss. I absolutely love this. Its probably not one of the best things on Netflix but its just my kind of thing. Partly because it involves fashion. But it is also funny as well as following the drama that is her life and the relationships that come with it. It is a super easy watch and theres only one season so if your tempted its something you should definitely give a try.

14.F.R.I.E.N.D.S

"AN EASY WATCH"


So everyone knows about Friends. Most of you will have probably watched it. Now I have only just got round to watching it as it's come on Netflix and I have watched the whole thing through. Now despite the controversy it may cause I am going to be completely honest about it. I did actually really enjoy watching it and I must admit I am glad I now understand all the friends references. However I do think that its overrated I'm not going to lie. It does make me laugh and I love the fashion but I just think I have watched so much better things which are nowhere near as praised as friends is. If you haven't watched it though I do think its worth the watch.

15.On My Block

"DECENT"


This series follows a group of teens who are just starting high school. They were a solid friendship group but the pressures that come with starting high school adds a strain to this friendship group. You see the burdens of gang culture and other related things linked to where they grow up and the cultures of their families. Its an easy watch and I enjoyed it. I don't know its for everyone though. With only one season it is worth giving it a try.

16. Alexa and Katie

"AN EASY WATCH"


This is one of those programmes which reminds me of something I would have watched on Disney channel. Its about two high schools girls friendship. However one of them has cancer, the show puts a positive spin on this though and how they get through school together as a team and make the best out of the situation. If your not a fan of the Disney channel type programmes don't even bother giving  it a try. If you do however then this a such easy watch and deffo that style of show.

17. Crazy Ex Girlfriend

"AN EASY WATCH"


Now lastly is of course Crazy Ex Girlfriend. This one is different to the others I have written about. Crazy Ex Girlfriend is basically a musical comedy series. It follows the story of the main charecter Rebecca who ups her life in New York to move to California to win her ex Josh back. I think its a good show and has good acting in it. Its an easy watch but I wouldn't say its my favourite. 


So guys, that is all for my what I've been watching on Netflix and my opinions of what I have watched TV series edition.  I hope you enjoyed it. I would love to know if you would like me to do this for normal TV shows not on Netflix or even for films. I've never done a post like this and as always your feedback is always welcomed.

Thank you so much for reading. I really appreciate all of your support.

Jodie x



My Links –









My Snapchat - isthatjodie




You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.